Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Broadway weekend..

ioffer.com
Four days after arriving back from America, I was off to London for the weekend. Excessive traveling, yes, enjoyable weekend in London- absolutely. Arrived late Friday, woke up Saturday and went to buy tickets for that evening to a show. I decided on Love Never Dies by Andrew Lloyd Webber because let's face it, Phantom of the Opera is amazing. His sequel intrigued me, especially based on the mixed reviews because most people adore Phantom. While I was at the ticket counter, an impromptu decision to see a Saturday matinĂ©e resulted in a 20pound ticket for Les Miserable.. another show I was excited to see, considering how I love the book.  Two shows, one day.. Amazing. Les Miserable was incredible, honestly I was more excited for the evening performance, but after sitting in the theater and watching this incredible display of talent, I was hooked. After a quick lunch, a walk around SoHo and a few drinks at The Coal House, I went to Love Never Dies. Eh. Not overly impressed, quite odd actually, the singing of the Phantom was unbelievable-the story line and the set was a bit like what I imagine an acid trip being like.. But, it was worth seeing none the less. Sunday morning, I had a traditional English lunch of Fish and Chips and walked around the National Gallery in Trafalgar square with the likes of Van Gogh and Monet. Off to Victoria Station for my Gatwick Express train back to the airport, spent an hour in the sports pub, watching a rugby match and drinking an amazing English cider. Another amazing weekend in my favorite city in the world. Watch out London- July 1st-3rd Jennifer and I will take you on for the weekend. Wicked? Billy Elliott? Pubs, galleries, and the banking district at 6pm just to take a look at the attractive British men in their suits on the way to the bar. A weekend to remember.
telegraph.co.uk

bookingonlinetravel.net

news.nationalpost.com




1 comment:

  1. haha acid trip. I've mostly heard bad things as well. Highly recommend Billy or Wicked for your next trip though!

    ReplyDelete