Sunday, May 29, 2011

Buy One, Get One

So after many, many months I finally met the infamous Jennifer Griffin. She went to school at Carolina, we share mutual friends, and she currently lives 30 minutes away. I just met her for the first time after 8 months- Rude. To say that we have things in common is an understatement. It is quite scary the similarities in our background, our tastes, and our "zest" for life. She's been living in Amsterdam as an Au pair as well and has made a lot of great friends, including the wonderful and inappropriate Alex from Texas. Se-curity! I've been able to go out with them a few times in the city and have had a great time every time I've been with them. This past Friday was no exception. Met with Jennifer and friends, and started our evening at CoCo's which is an Australian bar in Rembrandtplein. Packed as usual, people dancing on tables, guys taking off their shirts.. while I was walking up to the bar, I was dance assaulted by a drunk Dutch man, who wanted to do circles around me.. and managed to dance my belt off my shirt. I suppose at this point it fell right on the floor. I realized it only when 15 minutes later, I noticed a man dancing on a table, wearing suspenders, and my belt as a prop. In every way he could think of.. you know, around his neck, between his legs.. I politely went over and screaming over the music, showed him the print of my shirt and the print of the belt around his neck were obviously the same.. it was MY belt. We played a little game of tug of war, and him being quite funny (not) continued dancing with it in inappropriate ways. Then.. he did what every mature man over the age of 21 would do.. he stuck it down his pants. And into his underwear. I kid you not. My mouth dropped, and I walked away. There was no way I was getting my belt back, nor after that display, I could never justify wearing it again. Touche, Mister suspenders. You win this time.
Attempting to rescue my belt. Fail. 

Hand down his pants.. Belt lost forever. 





















                                                                                                


No comments:

Post a Comment