Friday, September 16, 2011

A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in. -Robert Orben

The month of August. Four weeks of Holiday. I know people think "Wow, I'd love to have four weeks off from work.." Yes, granted it was an extended version of what Americans typically experience, but that being said- I had a lot of down time. The family was off to South Africa, and I was splitting my time between Holland and London. Rather than bore you with an overly long summary of each and everything thing I did, I figured I'd review my holiday in photographs.

Enjoy.. I know I did.

Mauritshuis in Den Haag, Holland www.curatedmag.com

Rembrandt's"Anatomy Lesson"- Mauritshuis www.psyc.queensu.ca

Veemer "Girl with a Pearl Earring"- Mauritshuis www.picasaweb.google.com

Wassenaar beach, Holland www.redbubble.net

Brouwerij't IJ Brewery- Amsterdam www.panoramio.com

London- day drinking with Cat Ninja and Lindsey

Favorite place in the World.

Lindsey and I on the way to Borough Market and Pimm's Saturday

Dinner in Camden with Lindsey&Chris

Typical. Meow.


Not Pictured: 
*Gay Pride 2011 Concert in Amsterdam

* Friday evening in London, dinner at Pacifico.. followed by dancing and drinking at Roadhouse till late.

*Outstanding dinner at Kait & Ash's flat in London.. amazing food cooked by Chef Ash, and even better company.. Kait, Ash, Kait's beautiful Mom Amy, and Ash's little brother- Aaron. Thank you again "friieeennnddsss!"

Although I had an incredible holiday, I was ready for the kids to return. Talk about a big and empty house, it definitely at times reminded me of  "The Shining.." and we all know how that turned out.. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"

1 comment: