Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Things I am looking forward to in America..in no particular order.

Give or take 6 weeks until my return to North Carolina after over a year away. And although I know I will miss living in Europe tremendously (don't worry, I'll have a list of things I will miss here..) I wanted to kick off my return with my top ten list of things I'm looking forward do for this year.


1. Returning to the land of Target. Oh you know, only the best place in the world- where you go can go for make-up, shoes, clothes, the present you forgot to buy your friend who is having a baby, dog treats, home goods, stationary galore, and Targets very own flavored water for the way out the door. It is a mecca. Which I have missed beyond belief.

www.collegegrad.com

2. Of course, my family, friends and Porter. That should go without saying that I am so excited for our multiple "girls reunion". A year away is a long time in the scheme of things, and I am ready to make more memories with the people I love. Thank you for being there for me this past year, and supporting me through all of my decisions.


3. Mistletoe Half Marathon in Winston Salem December 3rd. Running with my cousin, and best friends. Can't wait to see what ridiculous outfits we will pull out for this. There has been talk about reindeer ears, Santa costumes, and dressing as elves. Regardless, the run is for an amazing cause- Childhood Obesity Awareness and it's with some of my favorite people! I'll be the drunk elf in the parking lot after the run, FYI.

www.miserableretailslave.com
4. Spending both Thanksgiving and Christmas at home this year. I love the holidays and although it was nice last year, there's nothing like spending it with the people you love the most at home. I'm already in the festive spirit and it's not even October yet. Watched Love Actually once already- check, planning out a elf running outfit- check, thinking about all of my Mom's amazing Thanksgiving day food (and the Macy's day parade)- check. My Mom has even mentioned renting a cabin for her birthday/Thanksgiving in the Mountains this year. I know one large Weimaraner that would love to run in the woods for Turkey day.

5. Football. No, I'm serious. The American kind. That involves beer. College, NFL. I just want to watch it. And happily participate in tailgating with my friends who have season tickets (cough, cough Katie Joyce.)

Two of my favorite people in the world! :)

6. Realizing that I still haven't seen a lot of my own country after living in someone elses. So many places in America that I'd like to further explore. California is on the top of the list, NYC (can't get enough), Chicago, Texas, Las Vegas, Colorado. East coast vs. West coast... looking forward to the ride.

7. Southern cooking. I mean- who doesn't crave a Bojangles chicken biscuit while hungover on a Sunday? Or if I know those Smith girls, it'll be $25 worth of Taco Bell.

8. Returning to school. New year, new direction, new game plan.

9. Horseback riding. For those of you that don't know, I used to ride and own horses in my teens. A simple fall, and a trainer who didn't make me get right back on, resulted in 10 years since I've ridden. Thankfully, I know a great place to get back my courage to ride again. Brandi is an extremely talented rider, trainer and friend and I am really looking forward to being part of Heart to Heart Stables.


10. NYE 2012 in America. Last year we celebrated in Dublin. Can we beat that Stateside? I'm always up for a challenge :)





1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! I hope you had a blast. Good luck on your return.

    ReplyDelete