Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Things I am absolutely, positively looking forward to in April...

1. April 10th: Concert in Den Haag.  I am slowly but surely turning into a classical music snob. 10euro tickets, how can I say no. Plus, there is a book market in the center on Sundays. Books, another weakness. Man, I sound like a cool girl.

Alex  & Cate 
2. April 15th-23rd: The arrival of The Beste's! Cate & Alex were the children I worked with when I lived in Wilmington for over two years. When I began working with the Bestes, Cate had just turned four and was attending pre-school and Alex had just turned six and was in first grade. I grew to love these children dearly, and leaving them to move to Holland was a very difficult decision. I adore their parents, Jan and Todd were wonderful employers, awesome people and I always felt at home with them. I was always invited to holidays, birthday dinners, and dinner- time after time. I will always have a special place for the Beste's in my heart- they've become family. They will be visiting me in Holland for 4 days, and Belgium for 3 days, AND I will be able to have my birthday dinner with them which is an ongoing tradition this year in Amsterdam at Fifteen (Jamie Oliver's Restaurant)!

3. April 22nd: My 26th Birthday. My god, when did I get so old.. last year I had what we refer to as a quarter life crisis.. not knowing what I want with my life, not knowing how to get it, being scared to death to try anything or more importantly, finish anything. This year- I will be turning 26, and although I am just as clueless as ever about my future.. I'm definitely looking forward to the chance to grow a little wiser. PS: happy earth day.

4. April 22nd -April 25th: Mr. Sutcliffe will be joining me in Amsterdam Friday morning from London for my birthday dinner and exploring the city together. Then, we will spend the weekend in Germany following the Rhine River south towards Frankfurt via roadtrip! (somewhere neither one of us has ever been..) Stopping along the way to little vineyards, quaint German villages, and enormous castles lining the river. Quite looking forward to spending time with him and a hopefully memorable adventure.

5. April 26th: HELLLOOO North Carolina. I can not wait for the following things:  To see my family, my grandma who is turning 80 this month and looks as good as ever, the girls, my PORTER pup, to eat Mexican food multiple times, a Bojangles biscuit with Bo-rounds, and as much Texas Pete as I want . Seriously. And if I have to drive 3 hours to Flaming Amy's then I just might for a burrito and Wasabi Avocado salsa.
My favorite cousins :)
Longtime best friends
Looking forward to seeing this handsome (not a baby anymore) face! 

1 comment:

  1. exciting stuff :) me and Ash love Jamie's Italian restaurant in Covent Garden. Hope you're doing great missy :) xxx

    ReplyDelete