Sunday, April 10, 2011

Have I really gone 7 months without...?

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:
1. Texas Pete.. honest to God, I don't realize when the addiction began but it's a serious one. I put it on eggs, popcorn, fries, healthy choice pepperoni pizza. But my favorite was on popcorn. And there is no spicy sauce to be found here.. I would even take Tabasco.

2. Mexican food. I haven't given up yet, because I haven't tried a few places in Amsterdam or Haarlem. But, I'm talking about North Carolina Mexican food- with Katie and Jenn to be specific. Margaritas, chips and salsa.. and gossip or usually a hangover. Flaming Amy's Wasabi Avocado salsa which might be my second favorite thing in the world after Texas Pete. But I would take Tower 7 salsa right about now too.



3. Target. Oh man, I looked at the website today in preparation for my arrival into NC in a couple of weeks. Huge mistake. Really big. Love their stuff.. it's addictive.

4. Crab legs. Ben and I used to have them almost once a week during the summer when we lived in Wilmington, and well Greensboro too.. boil them on the stove with a lot of old bay. Amazing. But to be honest, I miss cooking on the grill too.. nothing like a charcoal flavor.

5. My own bedroom.. that I decorated. With all of my things.. That's one of the hardest things about living in someone elses home.. it never feels like your own.

6. Raleigh Pavilion.. last concert that I saw was Coldplay. Absolutely amazing. This year, I will be missing Mumford and Son's. I thought I moved to Europe to see European bands? It's bullshit.



7. Everything bagels with cream cheese.. I'm not even picky about where from.

8. Snuggling with Porter. Anyone that has a Weimaraner knows that these dogs LOVE to snuggle. He is like a small person.. or in this case an 80 pound person that loves to get under the covers with his head on a pillow and snore, loudly. He loves to yawn and then sneak in a kiss in the morning too. He sprawls out and takes over most of the bed, but I love him- and I surely miss snuggling.



9. My moms cooking. White bean chicken chili, chicken salad, homemade spaghetti.. the list goes on. And my mom and grandma of course.

10. A haircut. I'm terrified to get my hair cut here because I'm afraid the dutch/english translation won't go the way I want it too and I'll have a short haircut and stupid bangs. That being said, I would love to have a haircut, my eyebrows waxed, and a pedicure on my arrival.

Did I mention I'm going back to NC for 8 days? My trip was extended because I have two weeks off here.. and I absolutely can't wait. April 27th-May 8th :) Waiting on my ticket provider with fingers crossed.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man...reading this already makes me mourn the loss of Target. And Chick-Fil-A. And lots of other things! We're leaving our dog behind when we head off to Germany as well. He'll be living with my parents. Makes me so freakin' sad...but thank GOD for skype! Have fun back in NC!! Bring the Texas Pete back with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please. Eat as much Chick-Fil-A, Bojangles biscuits, and Bonefish Grill as you possibly can. The food difference has been one of the toughest adjustments. And anything that's an American drink- such as coca cola light (diet coke) doesn't even remotely taste the same. I have skype dates with Porter all the time via my mom. It's really hard, but it's so rewarding to be able to say you've done this.. not to mention- you'll have your best friend to share it with you. That makes the adventure all the better. You're going to love it, and you'll find your German "Target" soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am eating an everything bagel as I read this, swear. Hope you have a fab trip home, excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete