Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Weekend trip to London..

Not long following my trip to Paris with the host family, I was responsible for traveling with my two youngest to London to meet up with Jack and Christiaan who were already there. It was the first time I had traveled with Emma and Jacob alone and I was slightly stressed; okay, I'll be honest, I was freaking out a little bit. Not because I thought they were going to misbehave, but because its scary to be responsible for two children who aren't yours, going through passport control, and boarding a plane with the weight of knowing you are their temporary guardian. You are solely responsible for getting them back into their parents care safely.. I adore these children and would be heartbroken if anything happened to them on my time. That being said, we arrived with absolutely no problems- they were wonderful, like usual, and we were all reunited at the flat in London in no time. We were off to dinner at an extremely good Chinese restaurant near Baker Street where we indulged in amazing duck (I'm starting to see a duck pattern) and foie gras scallops (which should be translated as heaven in your mouth) Following dinner, I went to meet my good friend Alex who just recently moved to London with her host family, and Ash. Now, Ash is one denim and jort wearing fool who we met in Madrid and thankfully have kept in contact with because he is SO much fun.. A wonderful surprise to see them both in my favorite city.  Not too long after, Ash had a few friends of his meet up with us and off we went to Shakespeare Pub to indulge in the finer things that London has to offer- Pints.

The next morning, I was awoken by an amazing Starbucks coffee run by an eager 11 year old who just recently bought five lattes for us all. God bless Starbucks across the street, and the fact that she is so happy to fuel my caffeine addiction. Thank you Emma. I went to meet my very good American friend Kait for lunch, and drinks- which turned into Pimm's, her boyfriend Ash, who I adore, and them meeting my friend Alex for more drinks. Thankfully, Kait and Alex share two things. They are both Americans, and they both love, love, love Taco Bell. (Road trip in the works) and discussing all things American. I went home after an amazing day filled of my new favorite drinks - Pimm's, and Pizza Hut (which lord knows we can't get in Holland).


www.artofdrink.com
On Sunday, Jack, the kids and I went for brunch, then to a museum for an art exhibition- followed by a day at the London Zoo. It was so incredibly hot outside that most of the animals, if they could be, were inside. It was still a lovely afternoon, with a walk through Regent's Park and Primrose Hill with Christiaan as our tour guide (we're working with the children on their geography skills).  Following our afternoon, it was time for the eldest, Christiaan and I to return to Holland. Heathrow Express train, and a nice dinner at the airport- hangman on the plane and we were back in Holland safe and sound.

techmyriad.blogspot.com

www.3us.com

Have I ever mentioned that I love London?

1 comment: